The Faces Behind Our Philosophy: Jessica Danial, PhD.
At PCH, we prefer to put names and faces to the philosophy guiding our approach whenever possible. To better accomplish that, we will begin sharing the firsthand perspectives of the people behind our treatment programs with monthly staff interviews.
Read more of our conversation with Individual and Group Therapist, Jessica Danial, PhD., and the nine questions about her guiding philosophy and principles.
1. What’s your favorite mental health or well being quote?
“It’s a joy to be hidden but a disaster not to be found” – Donald Winnicott
2. What do you think is the most useful wellness resources?
In person therapy of course!
3. What do you do to take care of your own mental health needs?
Therapy! Both individual and group.
4. How would you describe PCH Treatment Center to a family or friend in need?
Trauma informed multimodality treatment center that’s focused on what’s happened to you rather than what’s wrong with you.
5. What inspires you most at PCH?
How the staff and the center does a good job of modeling how a healthy, boundaried, functional, and loving family system can operate.
6. What’s your top three favorite movies?
The Jungle Book, Good Will Hunting, The Little Princess
7. How have you coped with Covid in the last few years?
Self-care, self-care, self-care!
8. What’s your superpower?
9. What’s your favorite modality of treatment and why?
Psychoanalytic– the unconscious has far more power than we give credit for.